Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We have progress!

It’s only been two days so I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep up the pace I’ve set so far but I’m thrilled that I’ve written more than 2,000 words each day. Last year for the whole month I only wrote 14,000 words. If I keep up this year’s pace I’ll beat that total by the end of the first week.

Tonight it might be a little harder getting my 2,000 words in. I’m stopping after work at my sister’s place to visit my niece. It’s my weekly visit and there’s no way anything is interfering with that. I won’t get home until after seven. With any luck I’ll unwind quickly and be able to dive in. This year I started a very loose outline so I’ll at least have a starting point when I sit down in front of the computer.

Last night I got to know my serial killer a little better. Still not quite sure what makes him tick or what set him off but I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually. Tonight I’ll finish the scene with him and then go into the protagonist’s point of view again. Her best friend is going to be playing a bigger role in the book than I thought with a subplot of her own.

So how is everyone else doing? Any surprises yet? Have you met your daily targets?


Cindy

No comments: