Monday, November 8, 2010

A week down and a write in!

The first week of NaNoWriMo is over. How did everyone do? I know the Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo region had a weekend of catching up. How far away from the target 11,669 words for Sunday were you? Did you meet that target? Were you already at the target by Sunday with no need to catch up?

I am so happy to say that I have written more in the first week of NaNoWriMo this year than I did for all of last year’s NaNo. One thing keeping me motivated is the desire to have an official Guelph region next year. To apply to be an ML (Municipal Liaison) you need to have won at least one NaNoWriMo challenge. I have another motivator too. I’ll tell you all about that if it happens.

I am a little behind where I want to be even though I am ahead technically. One thing last week has taught me is that my days of 100 words a day are over. My weeks of squeaking out maybe 1,000 words are history. I wrote 15,882 words last week. I’m not saying I’ll be able to do that all the time. But there’s no reason I can’t do that the majority of the time. I can write 2,000 words a day. When NaNo is over that will be my ongoing goal.

Also wanted to give a heads up to any Guelph Wrimos out there. We’re having a write in at the William’s Coffee Pub on Stone Road tomorrow, November 9 at 7:00 PM. I’m holding it with my usual Guelph Write Now write-in and we’d love to see some new faces! We usually sit at the front and I have a sign on the table.

Oh and be sure to come back on Wednesday when we'll have guest blogger Dale Mayer talking about how she wrote 93,000 words last November.

Happy writing everyone!

Cindy

No comments: